Unveils VYOM, a ground-breaking Concept BOPET Film & Latest Innovations in BOPET Products that’s set to Redefine the Polyester Industry
Chicago, USA, October 14, 2018: FlexFilms is scaling newer heights with VYOM, a revolutionary futuristic technology Concept BOPET Film, it is presenting for the very first time for its visitors and customers at Pack Expo being hosted in Chicago from October 14 – October 17, 2018. FlexFilms Booth at Pack Expo is also showcasing a product portfolio of its latest innovations in BOPET Films – which range from high barrier films; more efficient films; and ones that are more sustainable too – all manufactured with its own proprietary technology.
At the mecca of packaging industry Pack Expo, here is what industry professionals from around the world can witness at FlexFilms Booth #N-5767:
1) VYOM ( व्योम | v-yo-m) – The Centre stage at FlexFilms Booth at Pack Expo has been taken by a cutting edge Concept BOPET Film that uses an advanced proprietary technology method and is aptly named ‘VYOM’ (a Sanskrit term that means ‘endless’, ‘limitless’, ’expanse’) defining the endless solutions that this high-tech film offers to its customers. Envisioned as the next big revolution in BOPET films, the unique value proposition that the Concept BOPET Film offers against the existing BOPET films available in the market are:
Creating right density films, lighter by 40% with a density of <1 making it the lightest film
Creating barrier films, better by 100%, doubling the barrier
Creating strong films, stronger by 100%, making it double the strength
Creating green sustainable films, greener by 40% by using lesser plastic
To watch a video of VYOM, click on: http://flexfilm.com/flexfilms-at-packexpo2018.php
2) Puncture Resistant, Nylon Replacement BOPET Film – FLEXPETTM F HPF is biaxially oriented nylon replacement (BON) film made with a newly developed patented proprietary technology offering important features of thermoforming performance, high puncture resistance and flexural fatigue strength that could formerly only be filled with bi-axially oriented nylon (BON) film. F-HPF is far more superior to nylon (BON) with fewer pin holes in terms of thermoform-ability whereas its puncture and flex crack resistance is at par with BON. Value propositions like better water resistance availability and compatibility with wide range of inks and adhesives makes it cost effective with greater yield per unit area, as compared to BON.
3) Aluminum Foil Replacement Metallized High-Barrier BOPET Film –FLEXMETPROTECTTM F-HBP-M is metalized bi-axially oriented polyester (BOPET) film with a superior gas barrier that offers high moisture and oxygen barrier for virtually all applications including Aluminum foil replacement. High barrier comes from patented BOPET film technology, with high optical density specifically suitable for most flex pack product offerings. This film is 100% web inspected, for any metal defect, using our state-of-the- art vision system. The film is of great use in shipping moisture sensitive items in multi-layered pouch.
4) F-HMB High Bond and Barrier Metallized Polyester Film – FLEXMETPROTECTTM F-HMB film is a High Barrier Metallized Polyester Film engineered by the company’s R&D team. The film is either untreated or corona treated on the other surface, while metallization is carried out on the specially treated composite surface imparting metal
adhesion or bond strength of > 1200 gram-force/inch. F-HMB offers class leading high adhesion to metal under most aggressive environmental conditions; demonstrates improved scuff, scratch and craze resistance thereby improving yields up to four percent and offering unparalleled robustness in processing and performance for
5) Metallized High Barrier Balloon Film – FLEXMETPROTECTTM F-PAB-M is an advanced proprietary film structure developed by Flex Films Inc. USA and designed specifically to meet the needs of thin gauge, ultra-thin gauge high barrier speciality film
markets. This includes the balloon film market and wherever low OTR and MVTR is needed, thus enabling balloon converters and end users to create dazzling, printable, metallized polyester inflatables that do not stress or snap and conserve seal property during the manufacturing process. F-PAB-M has an added ‘Green’ benefit due to the use of less material, giving high yield economics with an optical density of 2.8. The exceptional air barrier properties of the film prevent helium diffusing out of FLEX-PAB surface.
Excited at the show of trailblazing technology and product at Pack Expo, Anantshree Chaturvedi, Vice Chairman & CEO, FlexFilms International said, “Creating better is an endless quest at Flex! We prove that yet again with the introduction of VYOM, our innovative Concept BOPET Film. VYOM promises to be better in every key virtue that a film is built around – Light, Barrier, Strength and Green – with superior mechanical properties, thereby allowing us to deliver much higher yield, improved costs and reduced carbon footprint. All of this is in sync with the company’s efforts to continuously develop refined products and make our customers’ lives easier. Through our presentation at Pack Expo, we are going experiential in interacting with our customers in the real market and stimulate their imagination.”
Ashok Chaturvedi, Chairman & Managing Director of Uflex Limited, the parent company of FlexFilms spoke from the floor of Pack Expo, “The wonders of Flexfilms have a beginning but with boundless scope. The infinite talent pool of our scientists and engineers constantly design and explore solutions for our customers and eco-system, thereby helping us build ‘thought leadership’ in advanced polymer science application. We’re proud of our employees, products, customers and enablers for their contribution in creation of sustainable innovations for essential markets such as food, water, shelter and medicine.”
FlexFilms is the global film manufacturing arm of India’s largest multinational flexible packaging solutions company, Uflex Limited. With State-of-the-Art film manufacturing facilities in all the 4 major continents Asia, Europe, North America and Africa, our cumulative production capacity stands in excess of 337,000 MT Per Annum. For more details, click on: http://flexfilm.com/
Uflex is India’s largest multinational flexible packaging materials and Solution Company and an emerging global player. Since its inception back in 1985, Uflex has grown from strength to strength to evolve as a truly Indian Multinational with consumers spread across the world. Uflex today has state-of-the-art packaging facilities at multiple locations in India with installed capacity of around 100,000 TPA and has packaging film manufacturing facilities in India, UAE, Mexico Egypt, Poland and USA.
All Uflex plants are accredited with ISO 9001, 14001, HACCP & BRC certifications. Uflex caters to markets spanning across the globe in over 140 countries like USA, Canada, South American countries, UK and other European Countries, Russia, South Africa, CIS, Asian and African nations. Integrated within its core business profile are allied businesses like Engineering, Cylinders, Holography and Chemicals which further give Uflex a superior edge above competition.
Uflex Limited is also a part of the D&B Global Database and winner of various prestigious national and international awards for its products’ excellence. Uflex offers technologically superior packaging solutions for a wide variety of products such as snack foods, candy and confectionery, sugar, rice & other cereals, beverages, tea & coffee, dessert mixes, noodles, wheat flour, soaps and detergents, shampoos & conditioners, vegetable oil, spices, marinades & pastes, cheese & dairy products, frozen food, sea food, meat, anti-fog, pet food, pharmaceuticals, contraceptives, garden fertilizers and plant nutrients, motor oil and lubricants, automotive and engineering components etc.
Some of Uflex’s clients on the global turf include P&G, PepsiCo, Tata Global, Mondelez, L’ Oreal, Britannia, Haldiram’s, Amul, Kimberly Clark, Ferrero Rocher, Perfetti, GSK, Nestle, Agrotech Foods, Coca Cola, Wrigley, Johnson & Johnson, amongst others. For more details, click on: http://uflexltd.com/
For further information, please contact:
Head- Corporate Communication, Uflex Limited
Mobile No.: 9899813325
Mobile No: 9873744888
Vice President, Investor Relations, Uflex Limited
Mobile No.: 9967491495